Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peanut Butter and Nutella....YUMMY!!

On the hunt for something to kill my sweet craving that comes at least three times a week that I occasionally deal with I found a recipe for Peanut Butter & Nutella Swirl Cookies!! I had to give them a try and see how they tasted!!

Here's the simple delicious recipe:

Preheat oven to 350.

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I ran out of this so I substituted with maple syrup)
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
* 1/4 cup of Nutella

Combine butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugars, egg and vanilla.

Mix until well blended.



Add flour, baking soda and salt. I always put the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and make sure they are mixed really well. There is nothing worse than taking a bite out of a cookie and getting a mouth full of baking soda!!

Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough and swirl it through with a knife. I didn't do that part. I did add the Nutella but I just poured it in and mixed it a few times with a wooden spoon.


 Chill the dough for 15 mins.

After chilled,  roll dough into balls (about 1 inch). Using a fork, press down to flatten slightly. Bake for 8 min. After they come out of the oven leave them on the cookie sheet for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Delicious!!! I would love to tell you how many cookies this recipe yields but I tend to taste test every now and again so let's say about 36 cookies!!


Enjoy!!










1 comment:

kitchen glasgow said...

I will save this recipe and make it next weekend for our Fourth of July picnic party. I am also making the fried chicken, too.