Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Bond of Love

My baby girl turned one on Thursday and I survived...kind of. I may have choked up while singing Happy Birthday, and needed to hide behind my camera so others wouldn't see the overflow of tears.


All day Jonathan and Destyni would give Alyson kisses, hugs and wish her Happy Birthday. It amazes me to no end how much they love and care for her. When Alyson was born it took Jonathan exactly two weeks to realize how special being a big brother is. Since then he has been amazing with Alyson. He sings to her, hands her toys and tells her stories.

This is one of my most favorite pictures of Jonathan and Alyson. We were in the living room one morning and Jonathan asked if he could sit beside Alyson. He tucked in close, held her hand and started singing to her. 



Destyni has made us so proud. She loves Alyson with everything in her heart and Alyson returns the love with squeals of delight as soon as her eyes rest upon Destyni. The bond that has formed around them is palpable.



 Alyson had a great time on her birthday. She loved the presents, the attention and especially the cupcakes.


We have all had one year of having this new little baby in our lives and I don't think any of us know how we ever lived without her.

No comments: