Friday, April 1, 2011

Breaking up...and down.


What more is there to say? Tuesday was Monday Part 2. And I had enough of Monday Part 1 by about lunchtime on Monday.

Tuesday was one of those days that just kept kicking me down. I thought it was going to start off okay. My plan was to go into DMV first thing in the morning to try and beat the traffic.(My first mistake)  One of my least favorite places to go ever! And I had Alyson and Jonathan with me. This was something I had to mentally prepare myself for. Make sure I had enough supplies (diapers, wipes snacks) in case we were there for more than a few days hours. I walked in and there was two people being waited on, I was next in line. I looked around to make sure that I was at the right place. It was too good to be true, right? Then another worker came out and asked if she could help me. I waited LESS THAN 30 SECONDS. I bet that is record for DMV. I told her I needed to switch my license from one province to another--at exactly this time my day turned to hell.

She had a very sorrowful look on her face, "We can't do that here."
Apparently only certain offices can do certain things..Of  course. I was so glad that I was up, out the door with both kids dressed and ready, my suitcases of snacks and toys for NOTHING. There was no way his trip was going to get the best of I grabbed a hot chocolate... I needed something sweet to put with my sour morning. Totally fair, right?

Then I went home trying to recover the day and get some more appointments settled. I made some calls in regards to getting our new health cards.I scheduled some appointments for the next few days-all of which had to be cancelled because I have no "legal" documentation stating my married name. And I need Scott with me verifying that we actually live here...permanently. WOW---Ontario you just brought the women's movement back about 30 years. Congrats!
 Notice how sour I am?

I tried to make my day better by taking super cute pictures of the kids. Then I dropped my camera, and broke it. And then I cried, just a little.

So I decided to give up the day and crawl into bed, where Scott convinced me I would be a new person the next day. Nothing a little sleep won't cure. Little sleep..literally. 3:30am was when Alyson decided to get up...for the day. And her next nap was at 9:30. How does she do it? I don't have that amount of energy! Destyni and Jonathan combined don't have that much energy!

Last night, same thing. Alyson awoke at 3:24am and finally went down for a nap a half hour ago, it's 9:20. Sigh..So I did some research...thinking that Alyson was nocturnal..nope she's definitely cathemeral. Do you have a child that suffers from this?

So I am hoping to break up with my 3:00 affair... before I break down.


Becky said...

Oh my goodness, here from FTLOB, and I just want to give you a hug!! First of all, if my camera broke, I'd cry more than little. Second of all, what a crappy day! I really hope your little one starts sleeping--my 11 month old still isn't sleeping through the night, but at least she isn't starting her day at 330. I hope today gets better!

b. lee said...

I've stumbled out of the DMV office crying out of frustration ... actually the social security office as well, when trying to get my 2nd's card issued ... pains in the rump * * hugs & hopes for a happy friday!!!

TexaGermaNadian said...

Oh, how annoying! I have to go to the DMV when I am back in Texas, blech. I have never been to the DMV in Canada, but my husband says it is just as bad as the US. Good luck with it next time!
Stopped over from FTLOB, have a great weekend. At least better than your week :)