Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's TIME!!

I want to make a difference.

I want to make this dream that has been swirling around in my head for years and years a reality.

I want to make a difference.

I have watched shows about people who have gone to Africa, giving money, time and love.
I have watched my friends go around the world administering needles for incurable diseases
I have listened to stories about how ones life has changed.
I have stood behind my husband, a soldier, knowing that he is fully trained to defend his country. Watching him make a difference.

I want to make a difference.

It's time.

I don't know what I will do yet. I have plans, so many plans but nothing is concrete. Not yet. Soon. So soon!

I have a beginning plan. It's so simple. And I can't take credit for it all because it was a stranger in the grocery store that gave me the idea to start. He smiled at me. That's all he did, he smiled. I was walking down an aisle at the grocery store. I was talking with Alyson who was sitting in the little seat at the front of the cart. I was glancing around at the sale items on display, and swiftly raised my eyes up to make sure that I wasn't going to bump into someone else coming in the other direction ( I am the WORST person to steer a cart) and there was a man walking towards me. He was smiling when I looked up. I averted my eyes away, not rudely but I didn't see any reason why he would be smiling at me. But I looked up again, I had to,  he looked happy, he looked content and I secretly wanted in on his happiness.

That's it right there!! Happiness is CONTAGIOUS!!!

When I looked up again at him he was still smiling. I smiled back. How could I not? I remember walking out of the grocery store feeling good. Really, really, good and I couldn't even tell you why. But it doesn't even matter why...

I am going to smile. At random people doing random things! I always smile at babies, anytime I see a baby I have a need to smile at them, give their parents that "knowing" look. So babies and parents of, are out! I don't mean I will stop smiling at then, but they aren't going to be my target people. Nope, I want random, walking down the street, shopping at the mall, pumping fuel kind of people.

Please join me! I have a feeling it will be amazing!! And tell me your results!! I believe that happiness is contagious...and we all need some happiness in our lives!!!

Then I will start my bigger plan!

I want to make a difference.

xxoo

2 comments:

Patty said...

I tried this morning, honestly, I did. Caught in traffic on the interstate, bumper-to-bumper, where 3 lanes merged into one, I let people cut into the spaces in front of me...giving them a wave and a smile.

Some waved back, others didn't; mostly the road warriors behind me just kept leaning on their horns, telling me off...:((( That's what life is like here in New York.

Oh well, as Scarlett said..."Tomorrow is another day"...I'll try again.

Great post Crystal!

Hugs,
Patty

Natalie said...

The Production Manager told me once that the guys in the plant like me because I'm not a snob. I've never had a conversation with 95% of them because we don't speak the same language, but I smile and wave and say good morning/afternoon to them every time I'm in the plant or they're in the office.

A friendly smile, word, comment - it can make a world of difference to someone. We should all take the time to be kind to our fellow man - the world needs more kindness.