Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rules, Rules, Rules!

Today I feel as if I am back in kindergarten, back to when I depended on someone else to make decisions because I was to young to make them myself. And a part of me wants to scream. Actually I am screaming but it's in my head so you can't hear it!! I finished kindergarten years ago, too many years to count. I am the one that is suppose to be teaching the rules not be given them.

I am on a "limited" time frame for doing my laundry!!! Notice the exclamation marks...it's to enforce how upset this makes me. And the one making up this time schedule is from the province I live in!!! Okay so it's not really a rule so much as an energy conscious decision that we have made. Well...okay it's not really so much an energy conscious decision as a money saving decision but whatever!! Bottom line ---  I can't do laundry when I want.

I don't know if this is something that is common in other places in the world but I am SO not used to this. I am from the East Coast...the East Coast of CANADA!!! Laundry rules? HA! Not likely!! Rules from the East Coast--
1.
2.
3.
(Notice a pattern?)

I am lost...in a heap of laundry. The problem is this...if I do my laundry during certain times of the day I will be charged double the electricity. I just can't bring myself to do that. So my options for doing laundry are after 9 at night...or the weekends. I don't want to give up either of those times to do boring old housework. Last weekend I did 11 loads of laundry...and I didn't even strip the beds yet.

I do have a back up plan though...instead of wasting all my precious time on laundry I "could" go out and buy new clothes when the closets are looking sparse. Isn't that better than spending that money on electricity?? Now I just need a way to convince my husband....

No comments: