Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is in the Air

It's been a tiring few weeks. Not that I have anything to really complain about but it was still a bit tough. Alyson started getting up more through the night, some nights it's twice and  sometimes she awakes just once. And she is waking up earlier and earlier during the week. I think it's because she can hear people moving around and she doesn't want to miss any excitement. But really, how can I not want to get out of bed and snuggle her when this is the cuteness that I wake up to every morning (and twice during the night)??



 That means less sleep for me, which doesn't bother me until I am a few weeks into it and find myself trying to catch five minute power naps while Alyson is playing beside me on the mats and Jonathan is playing a Wii game. And I catch myself going to the coffee pot for refills...a lot of refills. Needless to say I was feeling a little frayed around the edges. So these last few days was exactly what I needed.

It started on Thursday evening, Scott and I celebrated our anniversary. I love our wedding anniversary. I love reflecting, I love what it resembles and I love that we can take one day out of every year and celebrate what we have. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful that I have met Scott, that he asked me out on a date ( dinner, movie and a sweet good night kiss) and that I fell helplessly and endlessly in love with him. It sounds corny but it's our anniversary so bring on the corniness!!
Scott had school on Thursday so I cooked dinner, set the table and had dessert ready to go into the oven when he arrived home. We had decided that we weren't going to do to much on Thursday because Scott still had to go school the next day.




It was so nice to be able to sit and relax during the week. Weeknights seem rushed with preparing dinner, homework, baths and clean up. If we do celebrating through the week we usually end up pushing all chores and routine aside..(even the clean up =)

We still wanted to have a bigger celebration for our anniversary so we decided to make it last through the weekend. We moved here only a few short months ago and haven't found anyone that we know well enough to watch our children so we decided to make them a part of our day.

Scott makes an AMAZING pasta sauce and I love to make meatballs so we decided to make dinner together. I miss cooking with him in the kitchen and I think this was exactly what I needed.





The aroma coming from the kitchen was amazing, it was so hard not to taste every little bit that was being prepared. The meal was wonderful. Caesar salad, pasta, meatballs and garlic bread. And one of Scott's favorites, apple crisp. And of course wine!!


                                                 (Destyni's dinner...so good)

I love nothing more than sitting at our huge harvest table, listening to the children, Destyni talking about her day, Jonathan telling us a story and Alyson making noise just because she can. I love glancing over at Scott at the other end of the table and knowing that we have created this family. Nothing rejuvenates the soul more than being surrounded by family and love!!!


No comments: