Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grass Skirts & Weaponry

Since we will be moving in the late fall I've decided to celebrate both Jonathan and Destyni's birthdays before we leave. You know, since I won't be busy back to school shopping, Scott's graduation, moving and shopping for Christmas. I think I may trade in my dinner plate for the platter- that way I won't feel as if my plate is ever too full. I'm a glass half full kind of gal =)

I told both Des and Jonathan they can choose their birthday theme. Destyni chose a Hawaiian theme. I'm excited about this one. I'm seeing grass skirts, leis, some fruit kabobs, maybe a pineapple cake. This is going to be her tenth birthday, and she happily informed me that double digits is a huge deal so looks like this party has to be quite special.

Jonathan's party may be more of a challenge. He asked for a party with tons of guns. This is what happens when you have a husband that's in the Army- and one whose son adores him. This party idea definitely won't win me any mother of the year awards. Now that Scott is in the Air Force I am going to try and convince Jonathan that a plane party would be super cool.  I wonder how that will go over.

So if anyone has any ideas about a Hawaiian party or a gun....errr...plane party I would love to hear them. I'll let you know how the planning goes. I have about ten weeks to plan both parties, better go clean off my plate platter =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

squirt guns may be acceptable, and water balloon bombs, and slip-and-slides make great escape routes :).

my son has decided he wants to be a robber when he grows up, he may need a sqirt gun or two , lol