Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

These Summer Days...

What's not to love about summer? I love the weather, I love that we can do so many outdoor activities. I love being able to open the windows and let the fresh air blow in!! It's my favorite time of year! Although I do enjoy Fall, I think summer makes me most happiest.

Destyni's school was involved in some province wide testing so to make if fun for the kids the school had some activities going on during the day. One day it was crazy hair day.  I dyed her hair using some red Kool-Aid then put her hair at the very top of her head and sort of curled it using my straightener.

It's evident that with her natural beauty it's going to take more effort to make it look crazy. I dread sleepless nights when she's a teenager...sigh....



Summer also means playing for hours at the park. There are a ton of little parks all over the Base we live on. This one is a favourite.




We played until I was sure we had at least half a pound of sand in our shoes and in our clothes.

Another upside of spending hours at a park means that the kiddo's sleep like logs. Okay, Destyni and Jonathan do, Alyson still likes to spend some quality time with me at least twice through the night. Although waking up to the beautiful sunshine certainly makes the night time wake up calls easier to handle!!!! 

What fun activities do you do during these warm months?

No comments: