Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sleepover!!!!

I find it amazing how children find joy in the smallest of things. Destyni and Jonathan don't "share" a room. Destyni has a beautiful room, with two windows that let in a wealth of natural light. She has a huge closet, a queen bed and more books than you could read in a year. The problem with this room is that it has a crib in it, and in that crib sleeps a monster. The cutest little monster that you have ever laid eyes on but a monster none the less.

This monster has a habit of waking two to three times a night. This poses as a problem for Destyni who has to get up for school. 

 A few months after we moved into this house Jonathan begged Destyni to have a sleepover in his room. Destyni jumped on the idea, a night without being woken up!!! It was such a hit. Jonathan was able to have a friend over for the night and Destyni had someone who didn't wake up three times for a feeding. This sleepover business started happening more and more often. Scott and I talked this over and we think that Jonathan and Destyni lean on each other. We have moved a lot in the last four years and we believe that they  use each other as support.

The other night as I was tucking them into bed I suggested that I have a sleepover with them one day soon.  I told them we could put both of their mattresses on the floor, bring the the laptop up to watch a movie, pop some popcorn and have a party night.
I was quite shocked by their reaction. I assumed they would be happy but...

Both Desytni and Jonathan were thrilled to bits! They were bouncing on their beds, they were squealing and laughing. I don't know if I would have had a different reaction if I had told them we would be going to Disney, and all just for a sleepover.

Sometimes it's just about the small things!!

No comments: