Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

This Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving...one of my most favorite holidays. I think it's so important to spend a day, a minute or even just a cheers during dinner to think of something to be thankful for.
This would be my list...

For Scott, the one person in my life who has never made me walk the bumpy, thorny, narrow and sometimes scary trail of life alone. I am not thankful for you just on this one holiday, I am thankful for you each and every day.




For Destyni, the child who took me from being a regular person to bestowing me with the name "Mommy". This child had taught me patience, unconditional love, and has filled my life with many colourful memories. I am thankful that she is so thoughtful and caring, such an amazing sister and friend to her siblings and puts her heart wholly and completely into everything she does.

 
 

 
 
For Jonathan, the child who taught me that I can push myself further than I thought possible and all before he was six months old. I am thankful for his charismatic attitude, his ability to see the good in everything and everyone. For playing so well with his siblings and for knowing exactly when a hug is needed.
 


And lastly, for Alyson. This child had determination beyond her years. I am thankful for her ability to let nothing stand in her way...ever. For the way she stands in her crib each night and calls for Destyni and Jonathan to give her hugs and kisses goodnight. And how she demands a cuddle on the couch with a blanket as a remedy for anything that upsets her.



These are things I am most thankful for on this day. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: